A TASTE OF SAN FRANCISCO
With KPLU’S Food for Thought Commentator Nancy Leson
Enjoy Jazz, Food, Wine, Art and Markets!
With tickets to hear Wynton Marsalis at the new SFJAZZ Center!
March 20-23, 2014
“I hope I go to Heaven, and when I do, I’m going to do what every San Franciscan does when he gets there. He looks around and says, ‘It ain’t bad, but it ain’t San Francisco.”
Herb Caen – long time San Francisco Chronicle Columnist
Join fellow KPLU listeners on a jazz, food and art lover’s trip to San Francisco. Your jazz journey includes tickets to hear internationally acclaimed musician, composer, bandleader, educator and a leading advocate of American culture, Wynton Marsalis, perform in the sparkling new and dynamic SFJAZZ Center. In addition you’ll enjoy a private loft concert with the Anton Schwartz Quartet, an exclusive tour of the de Young museum, food and wine strolls lead by locals and a Dim Sum Sunday brunch.
Where You’ll Be Staying
**** Argonaut Boutique Hotel, a 4-star Kimpton Hotel in the historic Haslett Warehouse, is a completely renovated all-brick building that is over a century old. The Argonaut is the ideal venue to experience the color and ambiance of Fisherman’s Wharf. You’re also walking distance from other nearby attractions including the shops and restaurants of Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, the tall ships of Hyde Street Pier and the famous Powell-Hyde Street cable car turn-around.
- With KPLU Food for Thought commentator Nancy Leson
- Three nights stay at the highly acclaimed 4 star Argonaut Boutique Hotel
- A pre concert special wine reception at the SFJAZZ Center and tickets to hear Wynton Marsalis perform
- A private loft concert with the Anton Schwartz Quartet
- Welcome wine reception upon arrival
- A multi-course welcome dinner out on the town
- Dim Sum brunch on Sunday
- Breakfast daily
- A tour of the colorful waterfront farmers market (with tastings of local cheeses, breads and chocolates)
- Private transportation to all events while in San Francisco
- A “Taste of San Francisco” gourmet walking tour
- Private docent-led tours of the de Young Museum with tickets to the Georgia O’Keeffe temporary exhibit
- Opportunities to explore San Francisco on your own
Not Included: Trip insurance and any items not mentioned in your KPLU Jazz tour itinerary
$1595 pp in a double room Land Only
$ 475 single supplement (waived if willing to share and a roommate is found)
Trip begins at 7:00pm in the hotel
OPTIONAL AIRPORT TRANSFER
Note: Round-trip airfare is not included. If you arrive/depart around the below mentioned times a complimentary group transfer will be provided.
Guests arriving via Alaska Airlines flight 306 at 2:03 p.m. will be offered a complimentary airport – hotel transfer.
Sunday, March 23rd one group airport transfer will be offered following brunch, plan to fly out no earlier than 4:00 p.m.
Click here to view the detailed itinerary.
For a taste of your upcoming journey review the below links:
Make Your Reservation