With Public Radio Host Mike McGrath!
Gardens, Culture, History, Art and Dance
January 14-22, 2014
Reservations & Questions call 800 – 723 – 8454
Join expert horticulturist and popular garden Public Radio host, Mike McGrath, and a small group of like-minded travelers on a culturally rich garden adventure to Cuba. Visit the National Museum of Fine Art, lush Botanical Gardens, the colonial towns of Trinidad and Cienfuegos and Hemingway’s home. Spend an afternoon taking salsa dance lessons and stroll through old Havana. This “people to people” journey has been specially designed for the curious traveler who has an interest in gardens, music, art, history and culture.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
1 Night Miami
1 Night Havana
2 Nights Trinidad
4 Nights Havana
WHERE YOU’LL BE STAYING…
Miami: Crowne Plaza
Havana: Hotel Nacional
Trinidad: Las Brisas
Havana: Hotel Nacional
- With Public Radio garden expert Mike McGrath
- Accompanied by an Earthbound program director
- “People to People” license provided by Earthbound Expeditions
- An expert bilingual Cuban guide
- Accommodations as listed in your itinerary
- Cuban government emergency medical insurance plan up to $1,000
- All meals (except one breakfast, one lunch and one evening meal in Havana)
- Bottled water daily
- Transport by private motor coach while in Cuba
- Charter flight from Miami
- All entrances as listed in your itinerary
- Airport transfers while in Cuba
- Special insider “people to people” experiences
- Gratuities for your driver and guides
- City and country maps
- Alumni discounts applied towards future trips with Earthbound Expeditions
9 Days/8 Nights
$3,950 per person double occupancy (land and charter air from Miami)
$ 590 Single Supplement (waived if you are willing to share and a roommate is found)
Starting in Miami on January 14, 2014 (at 8:00pm)
Returning to Miami Int’l airport on January 22 (exact time TBA)
Payment is accepted by check only for our Cuba journeys. A deposit of $500 per person is required to reserve your space. Please make checks payable to Earthbound Expeditions and mail to: PO Box 11305, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
- Air from your home to/from Miami
- Cuba visa fee of $75
- Travel Insurance up and above
- Cuban airport departure tax of $30
ABOUT MIKE MCGRATH, HOST OF “YOU BET YOUR GARDEN”
Mike McGrath hosts the weekly, nationally syndicated Public Radio show You Bet Your Garden from WHYY-FM in Philadelphia–’an hour of horticultural hijinks’ that offers fiercely organic advice to gardeners far and wide. Mike is also the long-time Garden Editor for WTOP News Radio in Washington, DC.
Mike was Editor-in-Chief of Organic Gardening magazine from 1991 through 1997 and the garden expert for the Saturday morning edition of The Today Show on NBC from 1993 through 1997. During his time at Organic Gardening, Mike’s major exhibits won four consecutive “Best of Show” awards at the prestigious Philadelphia Flower Show (1994-1997). He is the author of numerous books, including The You Bet Your Garden Guide to Growing Great Tomatoes (Fox Chapel; 2012); The Kitchen Garden Box (Quirk Publishing; 2009); Mike McGrath’s Book of Compost (Sterling Publishers; 2006); and Kitchen Garden A to Z (Abrams; 2004).
He grows tomatoes, garlic, raspberries and peaches; loves pinball and baseball; and will not eat lima beans, no matter how much you pay him.
Click here to view a detailed itinerary
Click here to view photos from Cuba
Click here to view our Reading and video list: Our Top Picks!
Click here to learn about Hemingway’s Classic Havana Mojito