Discover the history, art, dance and music of this culturally
rich land with Friends of WCQS and President & CEO Jody Evans
November 1-9, 2014
Join WCQS station president Jody Evans and fellow WCQS music lovers on an in-depth cultural exploration of the isle of Cuba. Enjoy the rhythms of Latin jazz and the beat of hot salsa. Visit the National Museum of Fine Arts and Hemingway’s haunts. In addition, you’ll stroll through the plazas of Old Havana, enjoy salsa dance lessons, visit colonial villages on Cuba’s south coast and enjoy the music and dance of this once forbidden island nation. This custom “people to people” journey has been specially designed for the WCQS traveler who is interested in music, art, food, history and culture.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
1 Night Miami
5 Nights Historic Havana
2 Nights Colonial Trinidad
WHERE YOU’LL BE STAYING…
Miami: Miami Airport Marriott
Havana: The Historic 1930s Hotel Nacional****
Colonial Trinidad: Hotel Las Brisas ****
- With WCQS station president Jody Evans
- Accompanied by an Earthbound program director
- Optional round trip air from CLT
- Round trip charter air from Miami to Cuba
- An expert bilingual Cuban guide
- Accommodations as listed in your itinerary
- Cuban government emergency medical insurance plan up to $1,000
- Multi course traditional meals highlighting Cuban cuisine (all meals included except for 1 breakfast and 1 dinner)
- Bottled water included and national drinks (local beers & mojitos)
- Live music while dining
- Transport by private motor coach while in Cuba
- All entrances as listed in your itinerary
- Airport transfers while in Cuba
- Special insider “people to people” experiences
- Gratuities for your driver and guides
- City and country maps
- Alumni discounts applied towards future trips with WCQS
- An informational gathering in Miami the night before we fly to Cuba
9 Days/8 Nights
$3,995 pp dbl (land with charter air from Miami)
*$4,495 pp dbl (land, charter air with round trip air from Charlotte)
$ 675 Single Supplement (waived if you are willing to share & a roommate is found)
Starting in Miami at 8:00pm on Saturday, November 1, 2014
Returning to Miami Int’l airport on Sunday, November 9- (exact charter time TBA)
*Less expensive fares from Charlotte may be available at www.kayak.com
NOT INCLUDED: Cuba visa fee of $75 * Travel Insurance up and above the included $1,000 mandatory medical insurance * Cuban airport departure tax of $30 * Extra baggage fees
Earthbound Expeditions has been issued a license by the Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) authorizing us to organize and operate People to People programs to Cuba.
RESERVATIONS & QUESTIONS: Please telephone Earthbound’s travel office at 800.723.8454.
Note: Payment is accepted by check only for Earthbound Expedition’s Cuba journeys. A deposit of $500 per person is required to reserve your space. Please make checks payable to Earthbound Expeditions and mail to: PO Box 11305, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
Click here to view the detailed itinerary
Click here to view photos of a recent Cuba adventure.
Click here to view our Reading and video list: Our Top Picks!
Click here to learn about Hemingway’s Classic Havana Mojito